Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Envira is in !!!!
Hello friends,

This is Dr.Envira Phani and known well as Envira in mybb community

Huh,I hail from Andhra pradesh,India and i am a doctor by profession, and an interested web designer,playing with web since 8 years.

Been a mod to many forums in past,started my own.

All these were past.

I am a Mybb themer since an year and half,made some designs for free as well premium.

Glad to be here,

Regards,
Dr.Envira Phani
Welcome Envira,

I've seen a few of your themes in the development section on MyBB, more recently the one where you have implemented a color picker which looks amazing by the way.

I haven't been coding or designing for that long really, compared to others within the MyBB community but hoping to establish myself as a good themer during the year. Do you work on software other than MyBB ?

I've never really ran my own forum or website before but hoping to make strides with that this year as well, i have one project i'm hoping to get off the ground within the next few months.

Very happy to have you here,
Jon
(27th Feb, 02:01 pm)TF Jon Wrote:  Welcome Envira,

I've seen a few of your themes in the development section on MyBB, more recently the one where you have implemented a color picker which looks amazing by the way.

I haven't been coding or designing for that long really, compared to others within the MyBB community but hoping to establish myself as a good themer during the year. Do you work on software other than MyBB ?

I've never really ran my own forum or website before but hoping to make strides with that this year as well, i have one project i'm hoping to get off the ground within the next few months.

Very happy to have you here,
Jon

Thanks buddy,
You are new but you are making some best designs....
Keep it up.
I was with forums since 8 years,,,so this gave me some nice experience to make themes though i am not connected to it according to study.
I only do mybb themes,and in future planning for vb/ipb too.
Not really conclusive though....as many asked me to pair up with their teams,in the past.
Anyways good going,keep making themes for mybb and elevate its rep Smile

Regards,
Dr.Envira

I would like to do IPB & vB skins in the future but the overall cost of the license for the software and add ons required is a little to much at the moment.

It must be good when others ask you to be involved in deisgn teams though. Hopefully this can can be a good year for MyBB after being voted best free software again in 2011, it might help designers get some more custom work.
(27th Feb, 02:13 pm)TF Jon Wrote:  I would like to do IPB & vB skins in the future but the overall cost of the license for the software and add ons required is a little to much at the moment.

It must be good when others ask you to be involved in deisgn teams though. Hopefully this can can be a good year for MyBB after being voted best free software again in 2011, it might help designers get some more custom work.

Yeah,you are true.
Custom themes fills pockets a lil bit,and in 2 years i never made one as i cant promise to give within time as my timings are very odd( as i am a doctor)
So i make coding when i am free.
Good that you have already made quite a awesome themes for some big communities like gfx-forums Smile
Also your designs are modern with 960 based style sheets Smile
Well yeah i too am limited due to the cost restrictions.
When you have best for free you cant run after the paid ones .....Smile
Thats why i am still with mybb.
Hope this year would be good as always Smile
Custom themes do help a lot towards paying for costs here and hopefully towards an IPB License later in the year. I was very lucky to get a message to ask to do a theme for a huge community without much of a portfolio and really appreciated it.

I personally think there is nothing better than a modern design on a 960 based style sheet, although i am looking at using the 1140px as well now as that system is fluid and a few people do ask for fluid designs.
(27th Feb, 02:43 pm)TF Jon Wrote:  Custom themes do help a lot towards paying for costs here and hopefully towards an IPB License later in the year. I was very lucky to get a message to ask to do a theme for a huge community without much of a portfolio and really appreciated it.

I personally think there is nothing better than a modern design on a 960 based style sheet, although i am looking at using the 1140px as well now as that system is fluid and a few people do ask for fluid designs.

Yeah the grid system is really perfect.
I wish i modify my designs based on this 960
Yeah fluid designs are good too,but they are past.
Good that you are using all modern styling in mybb.
Wish you success.

PS: just remove the onclick focus in searchbox as well select boxes,your designs will be more awesome Smile

Code:
ex: input.headsearch:focus, input[type="text"], input[type="password"] {
       outline: none
}
It's very easy to modify them to use it, at the moment it's only the header and footer that use the grid system but the container is made to fit as well. Fluid designs aren't something i really like, but the 1440px system is very good with recognizing which device you are using and adjusting the style to fit which is the main reason i am looking at that. It would be good to have a theme that auto adjusted based on whether you were using a computer, tablet or mobile phone.

Is that the code for browsers like safari and chrome? I always forget to add that at the start as i mainly use firefox and just test them out in the other browsers to make sure there are no bugs.
(27th Feb, 04:54 pm)TF Jon Wrote:  It's very easy to modify them to use it, at the moment it's only the header and footer that use the grid system but the container is made to fit as well. Fluid designs aren't something i really like, but the 1440px system is very good with recognizing which device you are using and adjusting the style to fit which is the main reason i am looking at that. It would be good to have a theme that auto adjusted based on whether you were using a computer, tablet or mobile phone.

Is that the code for browsers like safari and chrome? I always forget to add that at the start as i mainly use firefox and just test them out in the other browsers to make sure there are no bugs.

Yeah absolutely thats for chrome Smile
I will test out the 960 system Smile
thanks Smile

Thanks for that, i'll make sure i add it on all the themes when i start them.

If it's any help, with the 960 grid system when you import the stylesheet, i always add 10px margin to the top and bottom of the container_12 class to help seperate the content.