Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OrionMobile - Multiple Boards, Auto-Select, and 2.0
Hey. I stumbled on your OrionMobile theme today after once again searching for an alternative to the GoMobile plugin and love it but I do have a few questions.

First, how does licensing work here? Is it buy once and use everywhere or does it need to be licensed per URL? I currently have two different locations that I'd be switching over.

Second, the one thing I really do like about the GoMobile plugin is that it auto-switches to the mobile skin based on detected browser without affecting desktop browser theme preferences. I'm imagining this can't be done with the theme on its own and I'm also assuming that I can actually leave the plugin installed and just replace the mobile theme it creates with yours but will that break your color saving preference and will I be able to specify a default in that case?

Finally, how are updates to forum software handled? I obviously have no idea when 2.0 is going to be released but, unless they're finally including a mobile-capable skin of their own, this will obviously need to be updated. Based on your terms, it seems that an update would be provided for free if it falls within a year of the initial purchase but is there any assurance an update will be made at all? What happens if you exceed the year? Is it then another full-price purchase or just an upgrade fee? I just want to try to cover my bases here as best as I can since we've already been burned by putting too much faith in GoMobile.

Thanks in advance and regardless, keep up the awesome work,
Petie
Hello and thank you for your inquiry. License includes use of theme for up to 3 personal and/or 3 commercial projects; however, selling or distributing themes is prohibited and license is not transferrable.

You can always read the full license terms as we do update the license time to time: http://themefreak.net/license

You can use the GoMobile plugin to load this theme instead of the default.

12 months of product updates are included. If 2.0 comes out and we update the theme within the 12 months the theme for 2.0 will be available for download. If you keep the download email you'll be fine.

Renewal price is full price unless you contact me prior to expiration. I can give half discount if you renew before expiration.
Hey, thanks for the detailed reply. I figured that was likely in the license terms and I did glance at them briefly but, admittedly, I was heading to bed and figured this would have been easier. While I don't currently need more than two copies, I'm curious about your phrasing and about the phrasing on the license page - is it up to 3 each or 3 total? The way it's currently written, it seems one purchase grants 6 licenses as long as they are divided by up to three on either side of the commercial/non-commercial line. And speaking of commercial, what is your qualifier for commercial use? Ads? Paid membership? Something else?

I just have one more related set of questions which, to keep things simple, I'll list:

1. Are any additional files outside of the normal theme required (e.g. anything that can't be imported via the theme's XML)?
2. Is there a way to set a default color for the auto-switched by GoMobile view?
3. Most importantly, does this theme require its own template set or does it sit on top of the default?
4. Oh, almost forgot, is the mobile theme 1.8.4 compatible?

As far as 2.0 updates go, it appears that 2.0 will feature a fluid layout that auto-adapts for small screens so that concern is alleviated either way.

Thanks again,
Petie