Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diablo 3
(18th Feb, 07:15 pm)NickS Wrote:  If this is getting release, which is a shame because you didn't asked me, then all of the others themes done from the free service should be released for Free. Why make exceptions those are great themes too. Publishing themes like these (on MyBB official modding website) is asking from them to get butchered. I'm also going to withdraw from any possible contest to win any premium theme in the future or anything Themefreak related. Thanks, but no.
Edit: Seeing that the "terms of service" are direct copy of A.R, I will be terminating any connection with posting or anything related to the forum activity. Seems that no theme or plugin developer can stay out from specific MyBB clans, which for years now are slowing the development of MyBB into the right direction. A lot of people have left the MyBB because of children running the show, and about supporting same children. That's why we can't have nice things. Plus a lot of those "clan people" should check out their plugins for security issues as well checking their themes to be valid to XHTML/CSS standards. That's all. Have a good time.

I'm sorry you feel that way Nick, the reason that this theme is being released is that the PSD was produced by Demirev Design, who recently made contact to ask if it was available for download as it could not be found on the MyBB mod site. I thought after using someone else's work it would be fair for them to see it publicly available as they made their work available for free.

I admit that some themes have been 'butchered' when made easily accessible but those themes are often the ones suited for general discussion or console gaming, and often it is children that do that to the themes.

The reason for using roughly the same 'Terms of Service' for as Andraž Rihtar is that i think it is a good license that offers flexibility. I have edited very recently so free and premium items can be used for commercial projects, which was something that should have been allowed from the start. I have also changed parts that refer to edits made to a theme. I'm not looking to restrict people's work, just hoping for recognition for the effort i have made in making the themes. If anyone feels that something in the 'Terms of Service' shouldn't be there i would welcome a discussion on it.

I'm not to familiar with 'Clans' inside MyBB, i work alone and don't have contact with any of the other theme developers or designers. I enjoy working this way and hope to continue this with not only MyBB but also other software in the future, already planning to work on IP Board. I'm planning on creating a new framework for my themes soon to replace a lot of spans and large text classes with header tags to help with SEO, i know it's a small step, but something i hope others will appreciate in the long run.

I was actually planning on sending you a private message to ask you if i could use your Diablo forum as a link for the live demo, as you found the design and i thought it might help get a few more members as well as increase your traffic. That option is still available to you if you would like it.

Messages In This Thread
Diablo 3 - Jon - 16th Feb, 12:49 pm
RE: [In Development] Diablo 3 - GAF - 16th Feb, 03:26 pm
RE: [In Development] Diablo 3 - Jon - 16th Feb, 04:08 pm
RE: [In Development] Diablo 3 - GAF - 16th Feb, 04:31 pm
RE: [In Development] Diablo 3 - Jon - 16th Feb, 08:25 pm
RE: [In Development] Diablo 3 - Jon - 17th Feb, 12:51 pm
RE: [Submitted] Diablo 3 - GAF - 18th Feb, 05:30 pm
RE: [Submitted] Diablo 3 - NickS - 18th Feb, 07:15 pm
RE: [Submitted] Diablo 3 - Jon - 18th Feb, 09:16 pm
RE: [Submitted] Diablo 3 - NickS - 18th Feb, 11:52 pm
RE: [Submitted] Diablo 3 - Jon - 19th Feb, 12:56 am