Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello - AceInfinity Introduction
I'm a member on quite a few forums, therefore making an introduction is definitely not something new for me Smile

I go by the same name "AceInfinity" but you can call me "Ace" for short if you'd like.

Currently have vast knowledge with Windows including programming, security, customization, music, graphic design, video editing and more including things like Windows Crash Dump Analysis. I've ventured into the Webmaster's world and have been somewhat always involved in that aspect of computers for quite some time now.

I currently own and co-admin a forum with another administrator from a previous forum that I had been to, and we've been running the site for almost a year now with great success!

Recently promoted as a Microsoft MVP since January 1st 2012 as well Smile

The end (I suppose)
~AceInfinity
[Image: dyn.php]

[Image: mvp.png]
Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer
Hi Ace,

Welcome to the forums, first of all congratulations on the MS MVP as that is definately something to be proud of. I had a quick look at tech.reboot.pro a moment ago and noticed you are venturing into developing themes for MyBB, which of course is great as more designers and developers mean more themes for the community. I will be keeping a look out for your designs in the near future and hope you have success with them.
I'm pretty sure i'll only make one or two, so might as well take my time on them! I'm currently waiting for MyBB 2.0 to come out before I begin however.

I came here because I thought I might be interested in getting a custom theme for my forum made by you guys here Smile

I'll let you know if and when i'm ready to have one made, and payments will be made for the theme if you guys can create a custom one for me. Still discussing this with other staff and admin over at my forum though currently, so I can't make any firsthand decisions right away.

One thing to make sure is that members on your forum are also interested in change, as some can get annoyed when a change is made without prior notice. It's good that you have staff to talk it over with, it will definately help in determining whether or not a custom theme is needed.

I wouldn't bother waiting for MyBB 2.0 to begin developing some themes as i think it is still a while away from being released, although it couldn't hurt to have some designs ready in deveop when it is.

I also saw you have experience in graphic design, so have you thought about designing a theme and then having someone develop it for you?
(23rd Jan, 11:59 am)TF Jon Wrote:  One thing to make sure is that members on your forum are also interested in change, as some can get annoyed when a change is made without prior notice. It's good that you have staff to talk it over with, it will definately help in determining whether or not a custom theme is needed.

I realize that, i've known that for a while running the forum Smile

(23rd Jan, 11:59 am)TF Jon Wrote:  I also saw you have experience in graphic design, so have you thought about designing a theme and then having someone develop it for you?

No. never really though of that. If I was to do something like that, would you guys be able to create it from my pseudo template?

Edit: Also, what are your price ranges?.

Never heard the term pseudo template before, if you could elaborate on that i should be able to answer that question. Price ranges depend on the time and what sort of features you would requite to be included in a theme.
(24th Jan, 12:48 pm)TF Jon Wrote:  Never heard the term pseudo template before, if you could elaborate on that i should be able to answer that question. Price ranges depend on the time and what sort of features you would requite to be included in a theme.

Just a fake template, an image of some kind of visual on how the forum theme might look like if you guys could create a real theme for it?

If you have a visual representation of what you would like then i would be able to take a look and give you an answer as to whether i am able to do that.
Welcome to the Forum. And congrats on the award.
(26th Jan, 11:45 pm)NickS Wrote:  Welcome to the Forum. And congrats on the award.

Thanks, I appreciate that Smile