Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vincent Kompany's red card and four match ban
I think it was certainly harsh.

The problem with the challenge (i think if I recall correctly) was 1) two footed and 2) pretty dangerous, not only considering the fact it was two footed (even if he did pull his second leg away) Nani was still running at speed and the ref would have to issue a red card under the rules if he was going to issue a card.

I don't agree with it, though it was dangerous. It could of gone wrong and although it was timed well, I wouldn't like to see players having a career ending injury, which is the major fact to football quickly losing the art of tackling. I've seen clean challenges, resulted in a red card before where the ball was taken cleanly and the player didn't go down, although I think the 'big clash' also plays a major role in the event and for football to avoid becoming non contact I think more needs to be done to prevent things like this.

~Joey

Ps. I agree with ending points though, alot is said about the standard of refs but I honestly do believe that we have some very poor people in charge of games.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vincent Kompany's red card and four match ban - kerrang! - 16th Jan, 11:27 pm